Led running and signal light???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertscova

Greasemonkey
Jun 27, 2015
I just installed all led running and signal bulbs. I used the sylvania zevo led bulbs. The running lights light up like they should but when i turn the signal lights on they just light up but don't blink. I didnt use any load resistors. Any ideas?? Will load resistors help?? I first tried some cheap ebay leds and they all worked fine but they just weren't very bright. The incandescent bulbs were brighter than the ebay led. So i got some sylvania zevo led and man they are alot brighter. 4 1157, 2 194 in red in rear and 2 1157 and 2 194 in amber in front. And 1156 white for reverse lights all zevo leds also i changed the flasher relay with an American autowire led flasher relay

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
I was hoping to find a fix to this issue myself. Last night I purchased 2 for the front bottom and if I twist them in one way they are super bright however they don’t work with the signal flasher. When I turn them in the other way they are dim and do work with the flasher. The issue I also seen when I drove it last night is that my green turn signals came on the cluster, they work left and right they just stay lit, that never happened with the other original bulbs. I wonder if I upgrade the wiring with the relays it may change. Let me know if you ever fixed your issue, I might just go back to originals.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I was hoping to find a fix to this issue myself. Last night I purchased 2 for the front bottom and if I twist them in one way they are super bright however they don’t work with the signal flasher. When I turn them in the other way they are dim and do work with the flasher. The issue I also seen when I drove it last night is that my green turn signals came on the cluster, they work left and right they just stay lit, that never happened with the other original bulbs. I wonder if I upgrade the wiring with the relays it may change. Let me know if you ever fixed your issue, I might just go back to originals.
I think you messaged me on youtube, my bad about slow reply. You need the LED flashers. My signal lights did the same thing with stock flashers. I also had a hodge podge of non LED, and LED bulbs so I had to unplug all of them and pinpoint the error.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just installed all led running and signal bulbs. I used the sylvania zevo led bulbs. The running lights light up like they should but when i turn the signal lights on they just light up but don't blink. I didnt use any load resistors. Any ideas?? Will load resistors help?? I first tried some cheap ebay leds and they all worked fine but they just weren't very bright. The incandescent bulbs were brighter than the ebay led. So i got some sylvania zevo led and man they are alot brighter. 4 1157, 2 194 in red in rear and 2 1157 and 2 194 in amber in front. And 1156 white for reverse lights all zevo leds also i changed the flasher relay with an American autowire led flasher relay

a load resisitor is used if the flash is hyper fast.....the led flasher should solve the issue

Reactions: 1 user

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
No problem and I appreciate your time. So I’m going to order the flashers? Is it 2 I need? Also should I wait for the flasher before upgrading the rest of the bulbs, or will it work led and none led. I was just going to do the brake lights and the front, last night I was eager to try them and orrielly got me for 27 and change..

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
No problem and I appreciate your time. So I’m going to order the flashers? Is it 2 I need? Also should I wait for the flasher before upgrading the rest of the bulbs, or will it work led and none led. I was just going to do the brake lights and the front, last night I was eager to try them and orrielly got me for 27 and change..
Yeah, you need 2 flashers. You can wait to upgrade the other bulbs. Price match, it took me a week longer to get all the bulbs, but Advance had the best price on most and they matched Walmart and others prices.

Reactions: 2 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
I think you messaged me on youtube, my bad about slow reply. You need the LED flashers. My signal lights did the same thing with stock flashers. I also had a hodge podge of non LED, and LED bulbs so I had to unplug all of them and pinpoint the error.

Hey injectedcutty
My flashers just came in, do the originals have a ground too? Or do I have to ground the new flashers? A05AF5F4-97C7-4715-8089-780CA125CF47.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor