Left blinker on T-type regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2015
Ok right blinker is great works fine no problems. Left blinker wont flash and lights up in front and dims the right rear taillight (nothing on left rear). Hazards flash all 4 corners but the dash lights flash too as well as parking lights. I check threads here on g body blinkers but it sounds like mine is a little different (t-type has no wiring in the trunk its in the rear bumper stock). Any ideas would be great as a dumb cop pulled me over for it and said "I dont know what you were doing with the right taillight but the left blinker doesn't work". I went oh it works manually in front I thought the back did too lol.

Oh previous owner said they replaced a taillight socket and I'm thinking it may have the blinker/parking light wire crossed but I dont have a diagram and I wont set it on fire playing with it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
they wires are color coded

images

RearTurn-Hazard-StopLight.jpg

Oct 22, 2015
Fixed. I don't know if this good luck or bad but every car I buy has the wrong taillight bulbs in it. Why do people replace a double filament bulb with a single filament bulb? I knew exactly what was wrong once I pulled the taillights to check the socket wiring.

and the reason I asked was my last trubo regal was a nightmare for blinkers and I never got them working. It worked only if you had your foot on the brakes and manually flashed them. It was the dumbest thing I've ever tried to fix on a car and god only knows what it was doing.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's a good thing with these cars to go after the simple things first, glad your problem turned out to be minor and it's fixed..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor