Left/ Right turn signals not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobM

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2016
Ozone Park Kid
Maybe I'm over looking something here. I checked all the light bulbs and replace them. I also replaced the turn signal/ hazard flasher to be on the safe side and the hazard flashers do work. The only thing still not working is the turn signals and the only way they do work is manual. I'm drawing a blank, if there's a fuse that I'm also over looking as well. If anyone has an idea or some input, that would be great. Thanks for the help, Rob

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sounds like the turn signal mechanism in the upper column. It has brass contacts and made mostly of plastic. They tend to wear out and break over time. The only way to know for sure is pull the steering wheel and open the column up.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RobM

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2016
Ozone Park Kid
I want to thank every one for the information on helping with this problem.. Well like the saying goes, I opened a can of worms. I took the steering column apart. I think I'm just better off at this point to replace the whole column. It needs to be rebuilt on top of replacing the turn signal switch and other parts. Now I'm in the market to buy one and I saw some rebuilt ones on ebay and their asking around $600.00. Their out of their mind ! So I'm going to look for a used one instead and hope it's in good condition and just remove and replace with no problems.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I've been in your shoes before

I don't know what car you're working on....

But I have a column out of a 79 malibu, non tilt with key if your interested.

PM me if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor