Left side signal lights don’t work

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Camino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2018
I have an 83 elcamino that the signal lights don’t work on the drivers side. The indicator on the dash lights up and stays on

When the lights are on. The light for the signal/running light on the side of the fender is very dim. And turns on when it is suppose to flash instead of just being very dim.

The signal light switch is new. And the problem was there before I changed it.

Any suggestions

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
Did you check to confirm if the front and back light bulbs are the correct ones With the other side. Similar thing happened with me and ended up being wrong bulb

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

My Camino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2018
Did you check to confirm if the front and back light bulbs are the correct ones With the other side. Similar thing happened with me and ended up being wrong bulb
I un plugged the back lights from the harness under the cab. To eliminate the problem being in the back part of the harness. Nothing changed when I disconnected.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Do the emergency flashers work normal? if so swap out the flasher for the turn lights and the emergency flashers.

My Camino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2018
Do the emergency flashers work normal? if so swap out the flasher for the turn lights and the emergency flashers.

I have it figured now. It was the signal/running light socket I replaced. But I replaced it with a push in bulb instead of the 1157 socket. I used an led bulb in this socket. The led bulbs don’t allow for the ground to be provided to the side signal light causing the same problem as the bad socket I replaced. I replaced with a 1157 socket and 1157 bulb and they worked

FYI. I i replaced the 1157 bulb with an 1157 led bulb. And it acted the same as a bad socket. The led 1157 don’t complete the circuit for the side signal lights the same way the standard 1157 do. Causes a dim side marker light and they won’t flash

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you are wanting a brighter bulb they have them in the Silverstar edition

999999-46135328701_rev.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor