MONTE CARLO leftover AC hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
what do i do with these useless hoses i took out my AC and have these left over hoses i tried to take the orange one out from the water pump but coolant leaked out, do i cap the water pump with something and also the black hose that was attached to the ac that leads to the top of the engine, can i get rid of that one too?

and the metal line for the ac it connects to the refrigerant thing i’ll post pics with this, what do i do with that i’ve only taken out an ac out of a gbody once and don’t really remember the whole process.

any help is very appreciated!! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For the heater hoses you can cap the intake and water pump fittings but the cleaner way is remove the fittings and install pipe plugs with sealer.
The AC hoses can all be removed when taking off the AC compressor and you might as well remove the condenser in front of the radiator to get better airflow.

Reactions: 1 user

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
For the heater hoses you can cap the intake and water pump fittings but the cleaner way is remove the fittings and install pipe plugs with sealer.
The AC hoses can all be removed when taking off the AC compressor and you might as well remove the condenser in front of the radiator to get better airflow.
the condenser is out which one is the compressor?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
and also do you know what size pipe plugs would be good?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
and also do you know what size pipe plugs would be good?
I don't really play with stock stuff but I think they are 1/2" NPT
This is the style I use so they can be flush mounted.
1596592887034.png

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
i took out the compressor about the belt that was around, do i just take off the belt and that’s it or do i need a smaller one to replace it

mikeluscher159

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2017
Make sure you loop the two heater ports together, don't just blank them off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor