Let the resto begin........

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I got the 79 H/O on dollies and stripped off the vinyl side moldings, or what was left of them and used Goof Off to get the adhesive removed. The W-30 decals
were torn so they went too and I removed the Olds emblem as well using the fishing line removal method. It looks so much cleaner now.

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Today, the gas tank came down to find the fuel had hardened and so the need for a new fuel tank and sending unit is now being gathered.
I made sure the metal fuel line from the front to the rear was open by spraying brake cleaner in the line and then sucking it out at the
the other. No debris came through, just carb cleaner. That's a relief.:banana: No need to buy new metal fuel lines. (y)

We had 30 inches of snow:doh::eek::blam: here at my cabin and this is one sore dog tired snow shoveler. But not that tired that I couldn't crawl under
the H/O and drop the tank. This snow caught everyone by surprise. Shoveling a 3 car garage driveway out and being 40 feet from the
street made for a lot of shoveling. :rant:

And of course the snow plow:X3: comes through :poop:and you get to go back out and lift the even heavier snow now. Insert WHINEY BABY HERE:cry:

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
30”!!! I dont miss those days. Dude get a small snowblower. Thats a big drievway to be shoveling all that snow. 😬

Any pics up of the car?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Quit whining, b*tch! :) j/k

Great news about getting started. But you have to keep going, rain sleet or snow. Also, did you make sure to measure where the body side moldings go? Just to make sure you're documenting placements for your eventual forgetfulness of whether that was 3/16" or 3/8" 4 years from now. Or whenever you get back to putting it back on....hmmm

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
30”!!! I dont miss those days. Dude get a small snowblower. Thats a big drievway to be shoveling all that snow. 😬

Any pics up of the car?
I don't need a snowblower, I just need kinder more caring neighbors............and younger too. It's tough living in an old age community. The smell of Ben Gay can be overwhelming at these times.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Quit whining, b*tch! :) j/k

Great news about getting started. But you have to keep going, rain sleet or snow. Also, did you make sure to measure where the body side moldings go? Just to make sure you're documenting placements for your eventual forgetfulness of whether that was 3/16" or 3/8" 4 years from now. Or whenever you get back to putting it back on....hmmm
Well of course I forgot to measure.......:oops:.......I'm old......:unsure:....and forgetful......:unsure:....and besides.....:whistle:.......only 2 pieces were left on the fenders. When it
becomes time to replace them, I'm sure my wife will have replaced me with a younger better looking owner.:cool: Let him worry about it.:rofl: I'll be in heaven.:banana:

• Haha

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
At least take a grunch of pics for your own use as you tear sh*t apart so you can recall how it looks when it was together. :) Bag and tag everything. My recall function isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: 1 users

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
For pictures its easy and normally the same on every forum this way-
Take pictures
Save to computer
go to forum
click attach picture (here its the little picture, other sites its a paperclip)
upload photos
save

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor