LETS SEE SOME MALIBU'S!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011
vanrah said:
Greetings Guys; I admit it I'm bias! Mr Call her Bu & J King 78, those smooth front bumper (& rear) replacements make these cars much nicer on the eyes. Kinda up dates the Malibu's to 1985-87 styling. Is that the same car with two different owners? Or are you two guys twins? Are those the Honest Charley inserts? I'm guess'in that they would save 40 Lbs on the nose? Some of you know that I've been trying to sell mine for 5 plus years now. LMG (late middle aged), health (old body & shriveled up brain) and cash flow don't allow me to do very much any more. I sure would like to meet some of you younger car nuts this summer the last day or two of Power Tour as it ends just 90 miles North of me. Unlikely that I will take it to power tour this year as it's my good buddies turn to drive. So I'll have to suffer without it and drive his ZO6 for 1/2 the trip. My suffering should be controllable with a baby aspirin. But for any for you that might want to drive or see my car, you are more than welcome as most of you will head South (SE or SW) departing the Dells. I promise to have the steering wheel hooked up to the front wheels by then. Think spring, today the temp is going to be above freezing! Bob Jr (alias Peter Funorky)

Same car 2 owners
No there off of eBay

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
jacobdavis1979 said:
james@pst said:
In the near future I will tell you it will be getting some new rims (I love the ralley wheels but tired of chasing the center caps down the road) and a cowl hood, but for now it is in deep hibernation up here in the north.

Thanks
James

Haha that brings back memories. Back when i had my ralleys on mine i had this set of of centercaps i spent a butload of money on that were steel not plastic and said special edition on em that i was real proud of but then they started falling off all the time and buddys used to make fun of me when we would have our cruise to the car shows since we all went together and we were having to pull over all the time so i could stop and pick one up and it was funny cuz you would see a line of like 10 show cars pulled over on the side of the road and people were always stopping to take pics and stuff it was funny but rage induceing lol

It's gotten so bad that I now take them off when driving and put them on when I get to the show. The last time I left them on a buddy was following me to a show and one flew off and unfortunately for me he ran it over and these ones are plastic so you know it shattered and these are different then the reproduction so they are a pain to find.

James

thor4sur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2007
P.C. Fl.
This is my 79 , nice car great cruser .

goodshotb4damage_zps573dd08f.jpg

Its got a 350/350 combo, Eibach springs, Edelbrock shocks, quick ratio steering ! Goes stops and is fun to drive

Bill

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
Here's my newest addition. Baby Bu! 79 Malibu Classic, I'm the 3rd owner, original 305 with 142k, original interior, corvette rallys(6s front, 8s back), 4 inch cowl hood.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 805
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor