Lets see those air cleaners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Like it says, post up pictures of your air cleaners or cool pics of an air cleaner you like or would want and why.

Factory vs aftermarket, dual snorkel set-ups, pros and cons, anything filtration!

Hopefully we can help ME figure what the hell im going to use, j/k

Thanks guys.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Derpy little 10x2 or whatever size it was. need to get a 14x3 so I can use my 350-4 sticker.

Attachments

• 13268470_1077479819011193_7227129713376208511_o.jpg
    13268470_1077479819011193_7227129713376208511_o.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ

2x MCSS air cleaners, snorkels and underhood scoops to make my own dual setup. Fairly inexpensive and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner ??
Pro- more air and looks factory
Con - I couldn't fit this setup when I had a holley

• Winner
  • Creative
Reactions: 9 users

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL

2x MCSS air cleaners, snorkels and underhood scoops to make my own dual setup. Fairly inexpensive and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner ??
Pro- more air and looks factory
Con - I couldn't fit this setup when I had a holley

thats what im talking about! Gorgeous! I mean i really started clapping my hands when i see those pics!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got two for ya:

First is from the first build I did on the car.
I loosely copied a functional cowl induction setup from a '70 Chevelle with a cut down and modified air filter base. I fabricated and welded in the matching portion on the hood, and used "bulb seal" type weatherstrip to seal it.

image.jpeg

Second, I decided some years later that I wanted something different this time, so I came up with something of my own.

This one is a scratch built ram air setup with dual 4" inlets.
Draws air from just under the headlights, thru filters hidden on the front side of the radiator support, and up to the carb.
The aluminum trim rings were custom machined to my specs on a friend's CNC.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Custom 3" twin cold air intake for the efi made from an aluminum intercooler kit i got from cxracing. 2 K&N cone filters with real carbon fiber endcaps just because it matches my overall theme.

Pros: looks cool as hell, has that true intake suction sound under throttle, and helps to feed the 1000cfm throttle body.

Cons: ummm, haven't found any yet since i only had a couple months of run time before my block took a poop!
20150426_185056.jpg
20150410_021222.jpg

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got two for ya:

First is from the first build I did on the car.
I loosely copied a functional cowl induction setup from a '70 Chevelle with a cut down and modified air filter base. I fabricated and welded in the matching portion on the hood, and used "bulb seal" type weatherstrip to seal it.

View attachment 54301
Second, I decided some years later that I wanted something different this time, so I came up with something of my own.

This one is a scratch built ram air setup with dual 4" inlets.
Draws air from just under the headlights, thru filters hidden on the front side of the radiator support, and up to the carb.
The aluminum trim rings were custom machined to my specs on a friend's CNC.

View attachment 54299

View attachment 54304

View attachment 54300
Damnit Donovan, did it again and beat me to the punch lol!!!!! Seriously, that looks super cool. I'm debating on whether to extend mine through the radiator support to help with cooler air but hell who knows, by the time i get back to that i will probably be old and gray lol!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Damnit Donovan, did it again and beat me to the punch lol!!!!! Seriously, that looks super cool. I'm debating on whether to extend mine through the radiator support to help with cooler air but hell who knows, by the time i get back to that i will probably be old and gray lol!

Ya snooze, ya lose Scott...
;)
But seriously, drawing air from infront of the rad support is going to be much cooler than the hot air from behind. Just a thought for ya.
:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ya snooze, ya lose Scott...
;)
But seriously, drawing air from infront of the rad support is going to be much cooler than the hot air from behind. Just a thought for ya.
:)
Agreed, i ran outta tubing at the time and made it work and look as clean as possible. I have more tubing on my wishlist for when i get back to the engine bay after this tedious bodywork and paint process. Time and money, time and money....damn truth of this expensive addiction...i mean hobby we have, no definitely addiction!!!!

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor