Let's talk Shifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Good information. Thanks for posting the pictures đź‘Ť
Two things that I didnt realize when I was putting it in. The hole for the cable in the floor had to be slotted and not just a round hole. The cable would have bound up if it wasnt. The other thing I really goofed on was the wiring. I totally overlooked the reverse light, indicator light and neutral safety switch when I was putting it in. I had the seats and carpet all in and then I noticed the micro switches and bulb. It was a DUH moment. Had to take everything back out just to put all that together. The Malibu is the first toy Ive owned thats an automatic. Ive put in a few Hurst 4spd shifters back in the day. Live and learn. LOL

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
mikester , Is this the 1970-81 Camaro shift model. Can you please post the part# of the shifter. I think there are 3-4 models. This is exactly the way I'm going in my Aeroback project. I'm sure there was some fabricating of a mount of some sort. Can you elaborate on the install a bit. Thanks!
I found the part number. Its 80603. I looked it up on the Summit site. I cant believe the price ! I only paid $199 for it back when I bought it. Its $355 ! HOLY CRAP

Reactions: 2 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Did some interweb window shopping and found a couple 2-gen consoles for sub-$100.
might have to pick on up.

Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I found the part number. Its 80603. I looked it up on the Summit site. I cant believe the price ! I only paid $199 for it back when I bought it. Its $355 ! HOLY CRAP
Thank you, Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor