LG4 Carb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewisL230

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2007
Nashville, TN
I just bought an 83 4 door Malibu with the LG4 305. The car will eventually be a sleeper, street/strip bracket car. I want to bracket race the car while I’m getting my ls swap together. I want to get rid of the computer controlled carb. I’ve got an air gap intake and either a 450cfm or 750 cfm(3310) I could put on it. I would think the 450 would have better street manners than the 750. Has anybody had a carb that size on these motors? If so how did it run?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The 450 cfm carb would work better on a 305 than a 750 cfm which is too much carb for that engine. I wouldn't go any higher than a 600 cfm, and even that might be a bit large. A 500 cfm is what I'd shoot for, unless of course you go with a non-computer controlled Q-jet. You would regret putting a 750 on that engine. Do you plan on any other mods? Cam, better heads, etc.?

LewisL230

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2007
Nashville, TN
The most I would do with the 305 would be a bit better cam, but I don’t know if I’ll do that. I have an aluminum block 5.3 I’ll be putting in the car as soon as I have all the parts gathered and the rear end upgraded. I would think the 450 would still be good even with a 260 or so cam. I want the 305 to run ok, but eventually the car will be 5.3/th400 and be a street driven bracket car so I don’t want to waste a lot of money on the 305.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I wouldn't waste too much money on the 305, especially if you're planning on planting a 5.3 LS in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor