limited slip diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: Any of you ever had a problem with there LSD on there Buicks? Just curious as I might be having one but it might not be.
IBBY

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: Well here in Mass. we got some snow and I had to move my TB. I did get struck a bit and my right rear tire was spinning so I thought with the LSD the power would go to the other wheel. It did not. I did not spin long and I got out of reverse gear pretty quick so maybe it needed more time to engage. I have no rear end noise. That's about it..
IBBY

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the lsd locks both wheels at all times, sounds like you have an open carrier or the posi carrier is worn out

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: Do you think I should raise the rear and do the tire spin test or don't bother?
IBBY

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you still have the RPO codes on the trunk lid you would have a G80 code if you have lsd.... :popcorn:

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: I do have the code. the TB has like 120,000 miles on it. I don't do burnouts and I don't race. It might be gone?
IBBY

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: Let's say my LSD is gone what are you replacing it with? I don't know much about them.
IBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor