Line Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Want to put a line lock on my 87SS. So many brands as well as price differences. I want to place it with the bracket that attaches to the power brake booster. Recommendations anyone on what brand your using. It is not for drag racing just to burn some rubber once in a while.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I've got a B body wagon master for a bigger bore but it should apply this to a normal G body master you just flip the front and rear ports around.

I have a biondo racing one, not the kit just the linelock valve. The kit doesn't provide much value if you want to do to a clean install or already have a lot of electrical parts on hand. The kit is basically just a fuse holder a toggle switch and some wire.

I didn't want to mount the linelock on the firewall or under the car or near the prop valve due to heat and remaking lines.

I mounted mine directly to the master using a little bracket I made out of 1/8x.5 aluminum flat bar. I made a jumper line from the master to the linelock and just rebent the line going to the prop valve clockwise by 90 degrees and threaded in right into the linelock.

I bought the correct flare nuts off the brake line shelf at oh-really and a bit of nicop line and a cheapo flare tool.
IMG_20210922_183302.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hurst made a classic version of the line loc, only they called it a "Roll Control" E-Bay would be your best source of one of these now as Hurst as a separate manufacturing entity is about defunct. Not even sure if they have an independent website for themselves or if they are a brand belonging to Holley or ??
Bummer in all this is that I have a neighbor who is hot for a vintage competition plus for a build he is playing with. Even total junk versions of them are going for big $$$$.

Nick

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have used two of Jegs own brand and they have performed more than adequately. I’ve always mounted them on the inner fender. I tried a name brand one from Summit and it sucked. Biondo racing IIRC. - it leaked and was awful.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I won’t pretend to know todays quality or issues but I had a hurst in my race car for 22 years. Never even took it apart to rebuild.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Have to agree with bracketchev1221 above on the quality of the Hurst Roll Control unit. Mine has been in my 79 Monte Carlo since the late 90's. Only issue I've had is the tread removal from the rear tires from overuse.;)
Below is how I mounted the solenoid below the master cylinder on the brake booster. The local drag-strip I raced at had a tech official who required EVERYTHING pertaining to the linelock system be clearly visible.

20230406_111754.jpg 20230406_113058.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
I have used two of Jegs own brand and they have performed more than adequately. I’ve always mounted them on the inner fender. I tried a name brand one from Summit and it sucked. Biondo racing IIRC. - it leaked and was awful.
Hmmm...I've used these Biondo ones in my 4x4 for a number of years. Never really had an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor