lmao my bro thought i was getting electricuted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
A few months back i was in my brothers shop working on my cutlass with a small 110v welder, doing a few touch ups on the underside so i was laying on the ground with it jacked up in the air. when i first started i was laying on the concrete and when i touched the stick a few times with my leg against the fender i got a few little shocks, no biggy, me and my bro laughed at it and i put down some thick cardboard and watched where my legs were. so he takes off and im working away for about 10 mins when he comes back just as my stick got stuck to the metal and i was violently jerking back and forth trying to get it loose. he yells "HOLY **** ARE YOU OK?!?!?!" and i see him grabbing for a rake, probaly to "knock me loose". i nearly pissed myself when i seen the look of shear terror on his face :shock: ...goodtimes!!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
cutlassguy said:
A few months back i was in my brothers shop working on my cutlass with a small 110v welder, doing a few touch ups on the underside so i was laying on the ground with it jacked up in the air. when i first started i was laying on the concrete and when i touched the stick a few times with my leg against the fender i got a few little shocks, no biggy, me and my bro laughed at it and i put down some thick cardboard and watched where my legs were. so he takes off and im working away for about 10 mins when he comes back just as my stick got stuck to the metal and i was violently jerking back and forth trying to get it loose. he yells "HOLY **** ARE YOU OK?!?!?!" and i see him grabbing for a rake, probaly to "knock me loose". i nearly pissed myself when i seen the look of shear terror on his face :shock: ...goodtimes!!

Now that's funny, I can totally see how he would think that based on your movements and the fact that you had already been mildly shocked just prior.Now you did have the battery disconnected when you welding on the car, right.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
yep, even took out the alternator cause i heard it could do damage otherwise.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Sounds funny now, but, welders are no Joke. I've been bit by 110 volts and I can just imagine what a welder would do.
Electrocuted.gif

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
just imagine if it was a 220 welder.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
yah no doubt. maybe i didnt make a good connection or something tho cuz this was just a mild buzz lol nothing youd wanna have happen to you, but a few seconds didnt didnt hurt hurt me me.....

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
At least he was smart enough to grab the rake. Most people would have paniced and either did nothing, or just grabbed you. Then both of you would have been shaking. lol

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
well it would have brought us closer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor