Local buying rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Here's why it's hard to do business locally sometimes....

Today, I asked our trim guy how much to do the visors for my coupe. I have the headliner fabric, and some vinyl from the unexposed portion of the rear seat cushion for the edge trim. He wanted $125 to sew them up. I told him repros were $75 a pair, he said I should buy them and started going on about "it's a lot of work" and something about redoing the guts :wtf: (they're a piece of masonite with a metal bracket attached)

I was thinking along the lines of $25 each to sew them, shouldn't be a big chore for an auto trimmer, I would think.

Guess it's time to learn a new skill, because to me, $125 is nuts, especially given I'm providing the materials. Any trimmers care to weigh in?

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I have had visors redone locally and as much as I hate to say it, and I feel your pain, buy the repros. I did and am very happy with them

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
We do upholstery work (non autos) and my hourly rate is $40hr.
Those are about a 3hr job, so I would say he is right where he should be.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor