Local Sears Is Closing

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I know there a quite a few guys on here (myself included) that have been following the slow death of Sears and K-mart. My local Sears is now closing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/sears-is-closing-more-than-100-more-stores.html

The 1008 Ross Park Mall Drive Pittsburgh, PA store is on the latest list of closings. Now I've got to drive to the far opposite side of town if I have to exchange anything and that store is significantly smaller. I still have a local Kmart but there are more drug addicts inside than there are items on the shelves. I almost can't believe it's still open. Now if any my Craftsman stuff breaks it's going in the trash and I'll be replacing it with AutoZone brand stuff.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Same thing here in Louisville Joe. I think there might be one Kmart still open, and one Sears. From what I heard last week, I believe they'll all be closed by summer!

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
We are in the death roll of the Sears (which was #1 in sales in its district) in Indiana County right now & the only perk is a bunch of hidden USA tools being found. I am surpised that Ross Park's store is closing cause it does alot of buisness. That was to be go to for my tire warranty & road hazard. I remember when they moved to Ross Park from what was Allegheny Center Mall. When the "sales" start all the good stuff will be sucked up before they do any good price breaks. Well the current corprate control ruined any chance for either Sears or K Mart to recover, they'll only keep the crap stores open until the end. As for that local K Mart, you're talking about the West View store, right.

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Royal Smart Person
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Ace hardware carries Craftsman stuff.

Locally, they closed the big mall Sears a couple years ago, but have opened the "neighborhood" stores in several places.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Same thing here in Louisville Joe. I think there might be one Kmart still open, and one Sears. From what I heard last week, I believe they'll all be closed by summer!
Wow, I hadn't heard that. I knew the end was near for them, but I hadn't heard they'd all be out by summer. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

We are in the death roll of the Sears (which was #1 in sales in its district) in Indiana County right now & the only perk is a bunch of hidden USA tools being found. I am surpised that Ross Park's store is closing cause it does alot of buisness. That was to be go to for my tire warranty & road hazard. I remember when they moved to Ross Park from what was Allegheny Center Mall. When the "sales" start all the good stuff will be sucked up before they do any good price breaks. Well the current corprate control ruined any chance for either Sears or K Mart to recover, they'll only keep the crap stores open until the end. As for that local K Mart, you're talking about the West View store, right.
Yeah, I had thought the Ross Park Mall store was one of the ones in better shape. Though Ross Park Mall itself has been doing worse and worse every year. Other than the Sears, I haven't been inside the mall in 10 years. Yeah the West View Kmart is the last close one, and it's ghetto as hell in there, even by West View standards.

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
that reminds me. I gotta buy some craftsman before my sears closes. There's still 17 left, 6 kmarts. One of which I used to work at. It opened in the 1950s and used to be a really nice place, now as joe said, more drug addicts than items on the shelves. They stopped selling video games a week after I started there because the people that dole out the games thought they were closing along with all the others. Hated working there. For $7.25 an hour they were lucky I wore pants.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hated working there. For $7.25 an hour they were lucky I wore pants.
I worked in retail for a month or so. I was fired for "being too blunt" with customers. Lol I still laugh every time I think about it.

carnutjw

carnutjw

Apprentice
Sep 17, 2017
This may be old news but the Craftsman brand was sold to Stanley Black & Decker last year. Last fall they were saying they were going to bring some tool production back to the states and possibly start selling Craftsman tools at Lowes in addition to Ace hardware stores. Our local Sears is closing as well, also reported as the highest sales store in a 13 store district and profitable! WTF?

Clone TIE Pilot

Clone TIE Pilot

Royal Smart Person
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
^Maybe high gross profit but poor net profit margin?

The one Sears near me is still open, but not sure for how much longer? It owns the wing of the mall its attached to, but the rest of the mall is closed down and shuttered.

Chris Tomas

Chris Tomas

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2018
Symptoms of e-commerce unfortunately.. (That and bad service, at least here in canada *cough* pensions *cough*)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TURNA General Discussion 0
T General Discussion 5