Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
CopperNick here.

Just tried to log on to add a comment to the headliner thread and the page keeps telling me I am not logged in even the script at the page top says I am when I toggle on the button.

I came to the thread using the link from the e-message that I received; I get them for all the threads to which I contribute and have never had a problem with accessing the thread that way, then logging in, then going about my business.

Think you mentioned this being a code issue at one point, if not, is the new server a dud or has it contracted some kind of software or code virus or malware?

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
now I'm getting a glitch where I posted links to amazon product, all it shows is the text 'amazon.com' and URL shows a tag code of gbody-20 on the end

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
CopperNick here.

Just tried to log on to add a comment to the headliner thread and the page keeps telling me I am not logged in even the script at the page top says I am when I toggle on the button.

I came to the thread using the link from the e-message that I received; I get them for all the threads to which I contribute and have never had a problem with accessing the thread that way, then logging in, then going about my business.

Think you mentioned this being a code issue at one point, if not, is the new server a dud or has it contracted some kind of software or code virus or malware?

Nick

Nothing like that. Probably just a sync issue between your local cookies/cache and the site. Clear them and it should be fixed. I'll get that from a locally cached page that was loaded and stored before the new login cookie happened.

now I'm getting a glitch where I posted links to amazon product, all it shows is the text 'amazon.com' and URL shows a tag code of gbody-20 on the end

That can happen bc amazon sometimes doesn't let the preview or "unfurl" work correctly. Just how it is. Especially if it isn't on its own line, that will happen. The gbody-20 is supposed to be there, so I get my measly 4% or whatever it is if you buy something from the link.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Nothing like that. Probably just a sync issue between your local cookies/cache and the site. Clear them and it should be fixed. I'll get that from a locally cached page that was loaded and stored before the new login cookie happened.

That can happen bc amazon sometimes doesn't let the preview or "unfurl" work correctly. Just how it is. Especially if it isn't on its own line, that will happen. The gbody-20 is supposed to be there, so I get my measly 4% or whatever it is if you buy something from the link.
Weird, didn’t have me logged in first then suddenly was when I navigated to the topic on my screen.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Same again, just now. Logged in, still showed the log in notice in the header, but was able to follow the thread, then the notice finally disappeared and my log in avatar popped up.

Nick

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Same again, just now. Logged in, still showed the log in notice in the header, but was able to follow the thread, then the notice finally disappeared and my log in avatar popped up.

I am having the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor