Login / Caching / Thumbnails Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
So yeah. There's been some messed up stuff going on today, some of it my fault, OK most of it my fault. Apparently there was a change made that eventually started having the cache expire and getting all weird. THEN I make some changes to the caching rules and REALLY screw things up. So I make everyone have to log in again, and manage to screw that up as well....

... I think I got it all figured out. So if you're still seeing weird stuff. Like pix not loading, seeing other people's pages (for a short time it happened) or unable to log in or log out, post in this thread. I'll move it or delete it if everything pans out quick. or whenever its handled.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
ok yeah that's obviously not right. :mad:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK, make sure its not showing the little "Unread only" filter right above the thread list on the new posts page. Because if its there, you'll only see stuff that you haven't read, which very well could be hours old (which is what I was seeing at first) Click the little "X" next to it to get rid of that if that's what you want. I think it will return that way on the next load though.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 6.09.28 PM.png

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
and I did rebuild the search index which hopefully helps

AND make sure you're looking at the last post time (on the right) vs. the thread time, which is on the left under the title.

Reactions: 1 user

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hmmm okay it works, not sure why that did as normally l read a post an then just refresh the whole "New Post" an it post post that l haven't read or commented.

BuickOldsPontiac

Master Mechanic
Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
That seemed like it worked at first, all the pictures that I couldn't see last week I know can. But there are ones that have been posted since then that aren't showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor