lol and my daughter thought she was getting a cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
near london ontario canada
my daughter is turning 16 this year and has been bugging for a car,well while out touring around i seen this and fig its at least worth a look, well ill be damn if the thing wasnt mint,super clean underneath, body has 79,000 org kms on it,so i get talking to the guy and he claims they only took it to cruises, im thinking cool whatever(been there and heard it all before...lol)he then opens the hood and laying in place is a 69 351W to which he claims is rebuilt and maybe has 40,000kms on it,and that the 5 spd has been changed to a world class 5 spd from a newer 5L,now im thinking this is way to much for my kid,but for sh*ts and giggles i ask how much, he gives the him and haws then say how about 2000,i then proceed to say well as luck has it i have 1600 in my pocket and if willing ill hand it over for it, he says sold,so i race back home grab the wife and kid and go back to get it,only to get there and kid go's im not driving that,I was like WTF,she says she only wants a monte or a cutlass( proud and pissed at the same time) so i fig id sell it and get her a 6 banger monte or cutlass........lol

just thought id share my little story with you

heres a couple pics

capri003.jpg

capri005.jpg

capri009.jpg

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
ummm dude, a Capri is worth a lot more than that. Buy it, store it, and re-sell it once the market gets better. You can easily double the money.

Wow, that's a steal and I don't really even like any mustang after '69. The newer plates that on the car have only been out for a couple of years.. how long has the seller owned the car ?

On the other hand, having a daughter myself I would not put her in a Fox Body with anything more than the 4 banger. They are too squirrley when pushed and she could get hurt. How about a nice V6 Malibu or Cutlass with steel bumpers ???

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
plates that are on it, are mine, used them to get it home,

lol told her that the next 1 i buy she's coming

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
oh man. i LOVE those cars. the capri is one of my favorite cars. if you were closer id so buy it off you.

theres an 83 capri with a 289 supercharged and a 5 speed for sale around here for $20,000. those cars are like gold around here. But so are the G bodies

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My uncle had a Capri identical to that for a short time. It was a stock 5L car though. The only thing I never liked on those cars is the bubble rear glass - I'd just swap on a hatch from a Mustang though. Would make a great DD if you keep it - if not, you should be able to make a decent buck on it as you got a heck of a deal.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow that car is a steal for that kind of money, you could easily turn around and double your money, nice buy but I think a 6 banger would be more fitting for a 16 year old

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
Wow you sure have a cool daughter, I'll be floored if I meet a girl who says she would love to drive a Monte or Cutlass, other than my mom.

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
85_SS said:
My uncle had a Capri identical to that for a short time. It was a stock 5L car though. The only thing I never liked on those cars is the bubble rear glass - I'd just swap on a hatch from a Mustang though. Would make a great DD if you keep it - if not, you should be able to make a decent buck on it as you got a heck of a deal.

i thought about that,swapping out the hatch,but was talked out of it from what im told i guess its getting harder to find the bubble hatchs

im not much of a ford guy........lol, but will admit been thinking on a chevy swap,.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor