lol why am I still searcing all the 442 ads across the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
As the title states, I find myself still searching all the 85-87 442 adds across the country, pricing them out, looking for a good deal.

Anyone else do this, even after they just bought the one they were looking for?

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
From time to time, yes. I looked for a truck, not seriously, for years before I found one. When I finally went to buy, I had a great idea of the market, value, and condition. Now I have had mine for over 2 years, I still look from time to time.
I do this for everything. I will look at stuff I have no intention of buying, but sometimes it comes up with a good deal too...
I was looking at Plymouth Acclaims one day for reminiscence (my first car, I sold it to buy my first truck), when I found a nice one 30 minutes away. I thought hey, let me just look. I came home with it. Got a year and a half and 18k miles out of it with nothing other than oil, a muffler, and 1 set of good used tires, and I sold it for what I payed, even with a blown head gasket! You never know, so we keep looking.

Reactions: 1 user

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
As the title states, I find myself still searching all the 85-87 442 adds across the country, pricing them out, looking for a good deal.

Anyone else do this, even after they just bought the one they were looking for?
I bought a 86 gray 442 about a month ago and I still look on E bay every day and Craigs list most days. So far I have not found a nicer 442 for the money. I always enjoy the hunt.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
lol. Same here. I'm not even half of the way done with my Monte and I constantly look for a 442. They seem to be 10k-20k stock. I want one as my fair weather daily driver. I don't want to mod anything, I just want it running and driving great at least until my Monte is done. I'll go for a Hurst 83-84 too.

I hate the way that some people title their ads on CL. They don't even know it's a 442, they just have it listed under a Cutlass.

LOCOGOMEZ

Greasemonkey
May 19, 2014
Southern IL
lol. Same here. I'm not even half of the way done with my Monte and I constantly look for a 442. They seem to be 10k-20k stock. I want one as my fair weather daily driver. I don't want to mod anything, I just want it running and driving great at least until my Monte is done. I'll go for a Hurst 83-84 too.

I hate the way that some people title their ads on CL. They don't even know it's a 442, they just have it listed under a Cutlass.
With that in mind... don't tell me you wouldn't take advantage of the deal in hand....:rofl:

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Man, I need a warehouse, and more money. I find all kinds of 442's I would love to pick up and rescue.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
With that in mind... don't tell me you wouldn't take advantage of the deal in hand....:rofl:

I don't even need a deal lol. I just need an extra 15k and I'd buy one on the spot. I go through phases though....I also would like a 66 Impala and a Chevelle.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
<< always on the prowl for new yard ornaments to make the neighbors happy! ( i always see them shouting and fist-pumping above their heads, that means they're happy right?)

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Even though I am maybe half way through with my Regal project I still constantly look on CL for Regal's and Cutlasses just to see if the deal of the century pops up and also since I hardly ever see Regal's in the condition or price I would pay it kind of validates my project.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor