Long 16 year wait is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bichko916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2016
Well guys I waited 16 years to own another numbers matching 85' 442 Ttops. Some seen this car on Ebay and other sites for sale. Well it needs alot of work to shine. My question is who can I get replacement door hinge post replacement? Dont want to do a patch piece.
received_1350181871682777.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Beautiful car man. Also, welcome to the site!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Door hinge post? what do you mean? The front part of the door jamb piece that the hinge bolts too? If that's it, I think you will need a patch.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Welcome...do tell us about your first 442..We like G body stories.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bichko916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2016
Well my first 85 442 T-TOP was bought at a tow yard for $800 in 98'. College Oak Towing in Sacramento Ca. Thats when I found out that making power you need very deep pockets. Best I could do was cam a 403 and 71'ish 350 heads. Hear in California smog laws is tough. Still is!
The 307 was rebuilt with mild mannered cam something of 472/480 but still passed the smog laws hear.
I had to deal with a shady machine shop that keeped the car for a year. Had to get the Automotive Bureau on them "long story" but back to this first one, I knew it was a collector but I was young and on my third kid with the ex. It was finally done with the 403 in after the 307 was pulled out for smog check purposes only.
This thing would hook up on a four way intersection from one crossing line to the other and just lay down two massive burnout line, no power braking BTY.
To my demise I looked over to my left and saw a sheriff car behind three cars going straight the other way, 3 lane road.
He turned on his lights as he gave me the stink eye as we made eye contact.
So now he had to go through the intersection and make a U turn after his green light.
Well we all know you cant beat a cops radio so I pulled over in the next drive way at the supermarket and waited for him. Did I mentioned that I lost my licence from speeding tickets?
Well he finally pulled up to me like 3.5sec. I raised my hands through the Ttops holding my keys.
He asked "Are you stupid or you got a lead foot?" I said "Sir I think you answered your own questions".
This guy was so understanding! He had a few stories to tell as he was checking out the 403. Well I didnt get to drive off but was able to lock her up and walk home after i pulled in a parking spot.
Well you can say I did enjoy the car and about $4800 in fines and crap.
I sold the car after, paid fines and joined the Ironworkers Union.

Bichko916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2016
Door hinge post? what do you mean? The front part of the door jamb piece that the hinge bolts too? If that's it, I think you will need a patch.
Dang! I knew it would come to that..
I wanted to replace the whole support during the A piller replacement.

Bichko916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2016
what do you mean by "numbers matching"?
Original rare White 85' 442 Ttop. Original 307 with 5A heads, rims, dif, trans, paint,
Yes this is one of the ugliest poor condition car BUT its all there. No funky big rims and a Chevy motor candy paint. This is a bone stock car with a spare 403 to thrash. I will be the second registered owner.
The plans are to restore to original factory with the 307 rebuilt and on the stand to preserve it. No one has the same taste but if its restored close to original Im able to reach out to more buyers if i need to sell.
Im just another humble Olds owner again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor