Long road to some form of respectability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
I finally have some free time, so why not turn some nuts and bolts. I finished wiring my fan, I had to swap the wiring setup as I had the wrong setup. Now to do some clean up, and make it look presentable.

Next order of business. I need to install the jeep steering shaft , and replace that metal flashing at the bottom of the windshield. I should be able to complete both today

Attachments

• IMG_20141224_084410.jpg
    IMG_20141224_084410.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 368

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just when you think you making progress, something crazy just jumps out at you. I was getting the car ready to be sent over to the exhaust shop and it wouldn't crank. Oh, thats most likely a dead battery. Switched a hot one in and still nothing. I look down at the starter and two wires are just hanging off, stripped from the wiring harness. Jeez, its a easy thing to fix but it just sent me into a small WTF moment. I will fix it tomorrow.

ssn696 said:
Excellent avatar....
Thanks. My daughter has that mimic gene, I'm not complaining one bit :) . Her mom however is upset that I refuse to let people paint her nails, but she can get oil and dirt under them.

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
After messing around with odds and end. Fixing starter wires, cleaning up fan wires, changing tie rods ends, and so on. I finally felt i was at a point where I can test drive around the block. Turn the key, car starts right up :D . Throw it in drive, then reverse and goes right into gear. :p Slow creep up the street, after all the exhaust isn't hooked up. Looked in the mirror and noticed a liquid trail following the car. Stopped and popped the hood, and sure enough radiator is pissing like it had a six pack :( Throw it in reverse and back up to the house. I looked for the leak and then the electric fans kick in :D :D :D at least I did that right. Cool, So I find the leak, not good. As im parking the car back in its spot and I see red liquid fly into the air. The top line has a pin hole right outside the radiator. So, I need to hunt for a radiator and replace the transmission lines. Then its off to the exhaust shop, then inspection station. Maybe next weekend.

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Hey. Just keep plugging away, you'll get there! I'm new to the forum, I've heard a few different people talk about Blazer brake upgrade. Seems like a relatively inexpensive way to upgrade front brakes. Do you use the Blazer spindle also? Doesn't create suspension geometry issues? What about master cylinder- do you use a Blazer master?
Love your avatar.
Thanks,
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor