Long time G body owner just discovering the internet, sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillLeBob

n00b
Nov 5, 2013
Hi! I made a conscious decision today to walk away from almost 20 years of Volvo's and Volkswagens to rejoin the G body world. I looked at parts ( suspension, braking, reproduction etc....) online today and was amazed a what is available compared to when I last messed with any sort of domestic. Oh my goodness! We were just figuring out how to do 1LE/B body spindle brake swaps. Hotchkiss did't make anything, no bolt in anything! DARK AGES!!!!! My last Summit catalog was stapled and printed on newsprint.

Tucked in the dark, dirty recesses of my barn a 1978 Buick Century Sport Coupe ( with turbo coupe spoiler and hood) slumbers. Outside the barn , sunk into the ground is my 1984 Grand Prix. Summit Racing circa 1993 exploded under the hood of that car. It was never more than a low 13/high 12 second car, but that was pretty impressive for 1993 and a high school kid. I abandoned domestics in about 1996 when I ended up with a 1966 VW Bus, a strange taste in friends and the desire to be something I wasn't and would never be.

It's time to get back to where I started, automotive wise. While my Grand Prix is a useless pile of iron oxide, its gonna make a great parts car.

Pit

Apprentice
Oct 13, 2013
Brussels, Belgium, EU
Re: Long time G body owner just discovering the internet, so

Welcome!

I also had a V-dubs period, but have a Gbody in my head till 1991!
Post a pics of your 12s car, it's a kind of back to the futur!

Pit

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA

Welcome to the world of G bodies! You'll find this place is chock full of information, so search around at will.
Century Sport Coupes IMO are cool! I had a '78 back in the early eighties that I swapped a 400 SBC into. From your description, it sounds like you're planning on making two into one. Once you get started, shoot some pics.

Bill

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan

Welcome aboard.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor