Long time inactive/new cars, new problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey there, its been a hell of a long time since I've been on here. Currently living in Las Vegas and sitting on 3 different cars in various states of disrepair: '90 Mercedes 190E 2.6/auto that now refuses to upshift, '92 Jaguar XJS V12 'vert that I love very much, and a '90 Acura Integra that's pretty terrible at everything to the point that I may not own another FWD Japanese car again.
I'm currently seeking advice on the Jag's TH400. I have a clicking sound at low speed that turns into a squeal or screech at higher speeds, worse when warm. After removing the entire underside of the car I made it to the governor, and found the source to be the governor weights opening and returning as it comes around. I bought a recalibration kit from TCI, and in looking at other forums and discussions people seem to all say the governor click is normal. I put 5,000 miles on the car before it began making noise. Anyone here have some input on this?
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN6471.JPG
    DSCN6471.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 167
  • DSCN6478.JPG
    DSCN6478.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 151
  • DSCN6465.JPG
    DSCN6465.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 142
  • Integra.jpg
    Integra.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor