Long time listener first time caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the specifics about your wagon. Nice seats. I would've never thought they were from a PT Cruiser. They look like they're leather, too.
You mentioned making your own headliner board. Could you share what material you used for it and how you were able to achieve the curves? Also, what was involved in adapting the PT seats to fit the A-G-body tracks?

Last edited:

onefast66nova

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2014
they are in fact leather and also driver is power. I took the pt seats off of the brackets and made some from 1/2 square tube. I then made a 1/2 square tube that mounted to the factory spots and also made 2 new holes. Placed the seats where I wanted them then welded the 2 frames together. As far as the headliner I went to Lowe’s and they have a plastic material like cardboard that most election signs are made from. It was a lot of in and out of the wagon with a heat gun to get it formed. The overhead is from an s10 blazer and outside temp and compass both work. Rear view mirror is also an auto dimming from the same blazer. I will look and see if I can find the pics of the seats.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
they are in fact leather and also driver is power. I took the pt seats off of the brackets and made some from 1/2 square tube. I then made a 1/2 square tube that mounted to the factory spots and also made 2 new holes. Placed the seats where I wanted them then welded the 2 frames together. As far as the headliner I went to Lowe’s and they have a plastic material like cardboard that most election signs are made from. It was a lot of in and out of the wagon with a heat gun to get it formed. The overhead is from an s10 blazer and outside temp and compass both work. Rear view mirror is also an auto dimming from the same blazer. I will look and see if I can find the pics of the seats.
Thank you again for sharing the useful information. I'm especially intrigued about how you formed the headliner. I often wondered about how someone would simulate a factory headliner board. I know they're made from crappy formed styrofoam. It looks really good in your car.
And also how you fabbed up your seat mounting brackets. Great looking seats...good choice.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I love the mod-top headliner.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome. Even though I don't understand the headliner, i like how you have made the car your own. Looks good and looks like an awesome cruising car. Keep up the good work.

Wheelspinner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2020
Man I love this! My only long roof I have left is my Cadillac CTS wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor