Long time lurker, finally a member!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Hey Gbodyforum!! ive been going on this site and using all the knowledge and data for the past 7 years when i got my first G body in 2009. Still have it, its a 79 Olds Cutlass, first car i ever bought with my own money!
All my effort has been going into my 78 monte though. I have a ton of pics and ive done a lot of upgrades to it over the three years ive had that car, just got it out of paint. Ill show you guys later, ill post some photos. Glad to be onboard and i look forward to talking to a lot of you. Thanks

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
This is my monte. My dad and i put a 327 from a 68 impala in it. Still has the stock trans :/ It has 17x8 wheels with 245/45/17 tires, i installed wilwood oversized calipers in the front, stock drums in the rear. I have a kit for discs that i need to put on, also have blazer spindles and corvette calipers ready to go in. My future plans are to install a 4 speed in the near future. It has every f41 brace you can imagine...so much work has been done ad still needs to be done!!

Attachments

• IMAG0380.jpg
    IMAG0380.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
She's purdy man. Love the color. Does it have any flake in it? Looks like it does.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Yes it does! good eye! haha the color code is from the 96 impala, black cherry metallic. It has a different shade in different light settings, but thanks man i appreciate it!!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Welcome. And you lucked out having a '78 rather than an 81-88 since you want a 4 speed. A setup (pedals, bellhousing, clutch, etc) from a Malibu or cutlass with a 305 should fit 100%.

Reactions: 1 user

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thats what i wanted to hear!! haha i bought the pedal and linkage kit from the parts place should be here soon, also bought a gbody bellhousing as well, just need a transmission and when i save my money more the hurst shifter kit. Im thinking about going with a saginaw 4 speed, with the two groove input shaft, 1st gear is 3.11:1 which i believe will help off the line accel because i have a tall gear in the rear (stock 2.73)i already have a three speed but i want that extra gear haha

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Too bad i live in california because finding a manual v8 here is impossible because GM never sold V8 cars with manuals in california, only v8 autos....bummer

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Monte Carlo. I LOVE that color. One of my best friends had a '96 Impala, same color. What are those wheels?

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thanks Opie, been visiting this site a long time, just thought now would be the time to start sharing my experiences. Thank you very much and ive always loved those generation of impalas and if i didnt get into G-Bodies i would most likely own one! haha but ive noticed a lot of new KIA's and Scions have this color so i wanted to go for something that is new and retro at the same time you know? but the wheels are US Wheel Retro's i believe, dang i think i forgot!! Im sure they are US Wheel because they werent too expensive.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Also, if you want to see more photos follow me on instagram!!! @dave13mc78

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor