Long tube vs shorty headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks!
Yes. Both cast iron and aluminum head LT1 engines have D port heads.

Edit:
I just browsed the Hedman website. It looks like the oval port version of these headers is 68606

Roger, thought you might like an update.
I looked at the 68606. Looked real nice. On the same page I saw the 68608 which has a thicker flange and thicker tubes. I called Hedman and they said the fit was exactly the same. The price was quite a bit higher on those at $538.
Long story short, I put in the Hedman part number and a place called TH Motorsports popped up. They had the exact same header for $405 and FREE SHIPPING !
I called Summit to see if they would price match. They gave me those headers for $404 ! Beat the price by a buck ! LOL
Theyre shipping out today from GA.
The finish is silver but not polished. According to the guy at Summit thats supposed to be better with the heat. We'll see.

Reactions: 1 user

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Wow, that's a great price! I paid $469.99 for mine at Jegs back in 2017.
I hope you will report how your install goes and take some photos. If you don't want to create a new thread for it, feel free to tack on to the end of my install thread.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Wow, that's a great price! I paid $469.99 for mine at Jegs back in 2017.
I hope you will report how your install goes and take some photos. If you don't want to create a new thread for it, feel free to tack on to the end of my install thread.

To be honest I wasnt sure if the price was legit when I found the ad. Then I got Summit on the phone and they beat it. I was really shocked ! LOL
Im still trying to figure out what to buy for an exhaust on the coupe. Your Pypes install looks pretty nice. I'll probably post pictures of the new headers installed when I update the wagon thread. Wagons on stands, motors pretty much ready to go in. I just need some more misc hardware and my friends transmission jack. With luck it might be in by the weekend but my plans seem to change quickly so you never know.

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
To be honest I wasnt sure if the price was legit when I found the ad. Then I got Summit on the phone and they beat it. I was really shocked ! LOL
Im still trying to figure out what to buy for an exhaust on the coupe. Your Pypes install looks pretty nice. I'll probably post pictures of the new headers installed when I update the wagon thread. Wagons on stands, motors pretty much ready to go in. I just need some more misc hardware and my friends transmission jack. With luck it might be in by the weekend but my plans seem to change quickly so you never know.
Sorry for jumping in here but will the 68608 work on 84 cutlass supreme 383

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
Will do
7FAEA46C-48D8-4151-A7F8-3CAE8B9B152D.jpeg
This is the head And the exhaust gasket I got with the headman 68608 any comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor