Longer shocks needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, they were fine. I had some old timey ones from many moons go. I think Lakewood made them. You attach them in the same bitchy way is the stock shocks up under the body. But you need much longer bolts to reach through the extensions and then the shocks. I used stainless steel and lots of anti-sieze so they could be serviced at a later date and I'm glad I did because I had to eventually remove them. They were cast aluminum but the same basic shape as what 565bbchevy posted. They are so old I can't even find a picture of them so I guess they are museum pieces now. No matter, there are still similar ones available. Funny story: I used to travel to Wilkes-Barre PA to load up on Stegmaier Porter. The guy at the distributor watched and said-" You just loaded 40 cases of beer into that wagon and it didn't drop an inch. What are you- moonshiners?" I said "Nope, just alcoholics.:friday::friday::friday::friday::friday: 1666553921119.png 1666553931814.png

Attachments

• 1666554023864.png
    1666554023864.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Yes, they were fine. I had some old timey ones from many moons go. I think Lakewood made them. You attach them in the same bitchy way is the stock shocks up under the body. But you need much longer bolts to reach through the extensions and then the shocks. I used stainless steel and lots of anti-sieze so they could be serviced at a later date and I'm glad I did because I had to eventually remove them. They were cast aluminum but the same basic shape as what 565bbchevy posted. They are so old I can't even find a picture of them so I guess they are museum pieces now. No matter, there are still similar ones available. Funny story: I used to travel to Wilkes-Barre PA to load up on Stegmaier Porter. The guy at the distributor watched and said-" You just loaded 40 cases of beer into that wagon and it didn't drop an inch. What are you- moonshiners?" I said "Nope, just alcoholics.:friday::friday::friday::friday::friday: View attachment 209563 View attachment 209564
That last part had me laughing. I think I’ll give em a whirl. I ordered some cheapo C10 shocks as well. Gonna see if I can pound out the sleeved bushing and add a bar pin in its place. Bottom eyelet is the same. Will keep y’all posted. Thanks for all the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor