Longtime Olds Owner, First Time Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Hi All!

I joined the forum ages ago and got sidetracked by other stuff in life.

This week I made my first post in trying to decipher '87 Cutlass Supreme Brougham interior colors, and successfully go to the bottom of all the codes used, and which code was for the tannish gold interior.

Anyway...I got my start with Oldsmobiles when my late aunt gave me her comatose '64 Cutlass convertible in January 1974. My father and i resurrected it from a cracked block thanks to my mechanically inept uncle leaving pure water in the cooling system. Once running, I did gthe body work needed, and we painted it Ontario Orange ('72 Corvette color), and later converted it from Jetaway 2-speed automatic to a 4-speed manual.

I upgraded my steed to a '71 4-4-2 4-speed convertible, which I added the W-25 OAI option, power front disc brakes, power windows, tilt column, custom sport steering wheel, and power trunk release. Unfortunately money ran tight early in my marriage and I sold it (should have dumped the wife instead). During ownership of the '71, I had a string of winter cars, starting with a '69 F-85 sedan that I turned into a fake W-31, then a '71 Cutlass coupe, and finally a '72 Cutlass Supreme coupe that I kept as a permanent second car, swapping with the '71 since i was renting a garage. The '72 I did my first solo paint job, giving it a coat of Viking Blue with White W-30-style stripes after finding another OAI hood for it.

I bought an '88 Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham new in mid-'88. When it had 166,000 miles on it, I bought the '85 4-4-2 from the original owner in New Jersey as a back-up car since I didn't know how long the '88 would survive. It lasted fully 280,500 miles retiring itself on schedule as I retired from my working career in July 2012.

All through this I've been a member of the Olds Club of America (since 1977) and was the membership secretary of the Olds Performance Chapter for 20 years till is fizzled out.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Welcome from another Olds lover.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
My HURST OLDS and I welcome you from atop the mountains in northern Arizona. It's NOT ALL desert ya know?:giggle:

Oh my first Muscle Car: 1969 Olds 442 dark green, gold interior, 4 speed bench seat ride. Loved it...sold it to get married. Should have kept the car.
Now no wife and no car. But life is good.......in spite of the bad. (y):cool::LOL:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welcome! You're one of the few that buy their Oldsmobiles and DRIVE them til they don't...BRAVO!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
My HURST OLDS and I welcome you from atop the mountains in northern Arizona. It's NOT ALL desert ya know?:giggle:

Oh my first Muscle Car: 1969 Olds 442 dark green, gold interior, 4 speed bench seat ride. Loved it...sold it to get married. Should have kept the car.
Now no wife and no car. But life is good.......in spite of the bad. (y):cool::LOL:

I've been to the northern Arizona mountains during my 14,000 mile victory lap of the USA after I retired early in July 2012. Those mountains have fantastic driving roads. Sorry about your shared pain with the spouses and the cars. Surviving all that makes us stronger and makes us appreciate life that much more. Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: 1 user

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor