Look at what I did today. Ground-up window sticker repro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I swear, 69Hurst, I owe you an apology. I got your PM but I have gotten so damn paranoid, mostly justified, with all of the phishing robo calls using of all things "healthcare policies", identity and other types of online theft, that perhaps you were trying to get build sheets so you could start building ground up frame off cars with forged VINs and now forged repro window stickers to match.

It is beyond sad that is the first thing that went through my mind and I'm sorry dude but after 4 new credit cards in 5 years from online hacks and I swear one of them had to have been hacked into the site I was shopping on monitoring transactions after decryption occurred because by then "no one" online had our new number anymore. But after that one online purchase we immediately started getting T-shirts, and Bit-coins, and video games, and other nonsense being bought overseas. The only other thing is that Chase was getting hacked over and over and not telling their customers . . . also possible. Fortunately, they do just take care of the nonsense charges for you but it still sux and worrisome.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
So when are you starting your reproduction decal business.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
So I've been messing around with repro-ing stuff that I cannot find anywhere (or it's low quality or just plain wrong if I do), like the SPID stickers, door jamb decals, emission decals on the rad shroud, air cleaner and brake reservoir decals, as well as re-creating a window sticker for my 87 442. I used to have that file somewhere, but couldn't find it so today I made a new one....

The main reason I wanted to do this was to make it so I could post this with the car at car shows instead of subjecting my original window sticker to theft/damage/loss, etc., if I take it to shows. If something happens to the repro...so what? I'll just print out and laminate another one. I know it's not perfect, but it's a lot of work to begin with but I'm sure nobody's going to notice since they won't have the original next to it to notice where it's messed up anyway. But the options and everything are listed correctly, and that's what counts.

Just thought I'd share. If you have an old damaged window sticker you need help with, let me know. I may be able to help you fix it. Or maybe not.

VERY cool Mike! I'm a photo shop novice and I'm sure I would have to invest significant time and effort to make one for my 86'. Wish I had the original to reference.
Do you know if there were many changes between 86' and 87'?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
VERY cool Mike! I'm a photo shop novice and I'm sure I would have to invest significant time and effort to make one for my 86'. Wish I had the original to reference.
Do you know if there were many changes between 86' and 87'?
The window sticker basic is the same, although the font changed from 86-87. The 86 used the same door jamb decals and SPID as 85, but in 87, they used a different style door jamb decal and SPID...see tire decal below.

B87Gbody.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I swear, 69Hurst, I owe you an apology. I got your PM but I have gotten so damn paranoid, mostly justified, with all of the phishing robo calls using of all things "healthcare policies", identity and other types of online theft, that perhaps you were trying to get build sheets so you could start building ground up frame off cars with forged VINs and now forged repro window stickers to match.

It is beyond sad that is the first thing that went through my mind and I'm sorry dude but after 4 new credit cards in 5 years from online hacks and I swear one of them had to have been hacked into the site I was shopping on monitoring transactions after decryption occurred because by then "no one" online had our new number anymore. But after that one online purchase we immediately started getting T-shirts, and Bit-coins, and video games, and other nonsense being bought overseas. The only other thing is that Chase was getting hacked over and over and not telling their customers . . . also possible. Fortunately, they do just take care of the nonsense charges for you but it still sux and worrisome.
Totally get that. You don't know me at all. So it's fine your skeptical. But those who know me know I don't work like that.

I was cruising over your build thread and saw a pic of your window sticker and that got me thinking again....

This remind you of anything?

87 442 window sticker Garth example.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
And if you think that was cool, putzing around on the webz today I found a newspaper ad from the selling dealer AROUND the time my car would have likely either just getting there or soon to be. April 30, 1987. Last day for 3.9% financing! My car was built in April 87.

View attachment 96236
This is great, I spend endless hours sometimes looking for things like this but the Grand Prix is just not that much of a popular model 👍

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor