Look what followed me home

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
Hey all look at what followed me home. I finally was able to go pick up the '79 Olds I had talked about in another thread. A couple things that I noticed is I had been told there was a Buick engine in it but it seems to be an Olds (distributor in the back and oil fill up front) instead so now I need to figure out what engine it is. Body is perfectly straight, hardly even any dings in it. The interior is in rough shape to say the least as far as anything with fabric is concerned though the plastics seem in decent shape just an ugly color. It was someones project they never finished so I'm thinking it may end up just becoming a donor for my '80, we will see.

What do you guys think? Oh basically got it for $100.

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

Oh and this bell housing was in the back seat
DSCF0100.jpg

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
nice car for a bill. would be a good donor but i would fix that thing up since its complete. or u could sell it and im more than sure u can make a profit off it

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
From the casting on the head it looks like it is a Olds 350 engine though a later casting. Any hope for those or dump the engine?

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I'd say scrap that olds motor and throw in a sbc...Man you got one heck of a deal for that car...I'm thinking the cops will be at your door to arrest you soon for larceny..............That would be a great street'strip car :D

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I see a geen steering wheel on the seat. I am curious if you would be interested in parting with it? PM me if you have any interest. Thanks.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Cool deal. Looks like a Pontiac guy had it, Formula wheel and GP snowflakes. Very nice daily driver.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
rebelgtp said:
From the casting on the head it looks like it is a Olds 350 engine though a later casting. Any hope for those or dump the engine?

There are plenty of people who can give you advice on that engine. I would keep it and build it, as I have a 77 Olds 350 in my 79 Cutlass I have been working on. For now it is stock, but I have a set of #5 heads and am planning flat top pistons and a new intake, Performer or Performer RPM, not sure which one yet. A cam with more lift will wake it up also. My cam is mild, not sure off hand the lift. Just saying that what you have can be worked with.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Is that a hydro-boost power brake assist unit on it? I'm wondering if this car might have originally been equipped with a diesel engine (based on the Olds V8), then had a gasoline engine swapped into it at a later time, before you acquired it. As far as I know, only the diesel cars got the hydro-boost unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor