Lookin' for some parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffin69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2021
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for replacement tail lights for my Regal, as well as a grille.

Any ideas where to look would be great, its an '82.

Thanks.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
In case you didn't already know the 84'-87' Regal/ GN /T-Type tail lights are a direct bolt in for 81'-83' Regal's and IMO look better.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Laffin69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2021
In case you didn't already know the 84'-87' Regal/ GN /T-Type tail lights are a direct bolt in for 81'-83' Regal's and IMO look better.
That I did not know, I’m just having a hard time finding even aftermarket stuff

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for replacement tail lights for my Regal, as well as a grille.

Any ideas where to look would be great, its an '82.

Thanks.
Well, you've got some options and I guess the questions are as follows:

1) can you confirm its an original 1981-1983 style header panel and hasn't been replaced through the years with 84-87? They both fit, but the grille you need varies accordingly.

2) does originality matter? 1981 and 1982 are close, they vary in the number of thin fins in between thick ones. A 1983 grille fits, but is much more different, it has a very thick bar every few slats. Tha tinfluences your choice.

3) as noted above, you can use the 84-87 style taillight if desired. It depends on the look you're going for.

You'll find 84-87 parts are more expensive due to the more popular versions of the turbo cars driving higher prices for the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor