Looking at tires, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jott1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2010
Springfield, MO
What are some of the tires sizes you guys are using on stock 15" wheels on your cars. I just got a set of factory rallys for my 85 442, and looking to keep the diameter of the tire as close to stock as possible, 26" for 215/65 15. But whats the widest I can go on front and rear, with no modifications? Thanks for the help.

justwhisen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2009
is anybody using 255's on all 4 corners? would like to know how that works, if there is any hic-ups.

jott1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2010
Springfield, MO
Thanks Blake! Finally sombody with an opinion. Is there any rubbing at all? Even on a hard bump?

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
i know on a cutlass you can go about 9 inch wide in the rear with no mods not sure on the front pretty sure you dont want a 9 inch tire on the front though
:D

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
jott1970 said:
Thanks Blake! Finally sombody with an opinion. Is there any rubbing at all? Even on a hard bump?

No rubbing, on stock rims they'll clear just fine all around.

Once you get new tires, make sure when you get them balanced to ask that they not put weights on the outer side, just the inside... otherwise they tear up the gold stripe around the edge of the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor