Looking for 301 motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
Might not be the right place, but I’m looking for Pontiac 301 engine side mounts for my 86 Grand Prix. I’m trying to swap a 77 Pontiac 400 out of a LeMans and it doesn’t seem to line up…but damn it’s annoyingly close. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Might not be the right place, but I’m looking for Pontiac 301 engine side mounts for my 86 Grand Prix. I’m trying to swap a 77 Pontiac 400 out of a LeMans and it doesn’t seem to line up…but damn it’s annoyingly close. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
301 mounts are the only ones that will work and they are hard to find.

Reactions: 1 users

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
Are these tough to build? Is there a reason they aren’t available in the aftermarket? I mean, it’s certainly a niche market and I understand that. I’m not a fabricator and I wouldn’t even attempt it, but I know people who would be capable I would suspect.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
eng mounts or frame mounts? The 301 to my knowledge was discontinued in MOST cars by 1981... So pre-81 will be your best bet to finding some. Try the Firebird groups/forums.

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
The rubber engine mounts on the frame side are easy enough to come by. I’m told the 301 engine side mounts are different for the G Body compared to the F body mounts.

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
The rubber engine mounts on the frame side are easy enough to come by. I’m told the 301 engine side mounts are different for the G Body compared to the F body mounts.
Gotcha yes, i figured you where looking for the cast mounts. All i can say is good luck. It took me awhile to even locate some for my 3.8 buick! $125 later...

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
Maybe one of the 3 Grand Prix has them? Engine search was 301

Screenshot (112).png

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
Thanks for the help! I’m going to call a place in Kansas City that might have them and start working my way through car-part.com. I also talked to a guy on this site that might have some!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor