Looking for 88 Monte Carlo SS hose schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

asc1978

n00b
Oct 18, 2019
Hi all. I am new to this forum, but am in a bind. I had my 88 Monte Carlo SS motor "rebuilt". The mechanic has it mostly put back together, but misplaced the hose schematic that he drew when he took it apart. There are a handful of hoses under the air filter pan that he can't get reconnected. They are not part of the hose schematic inside the engine compartment. He reached out to a few auto parts stores and a local Chevy dealership with no luck. I have purchased two different repair manuals (Chilton and Haynes) that should've included hose schematics. Each one stops at 1986 and those are not the same as the 1988 5.0L High Output. Does anyone out there have an 88 with an original motor that could send me pictures or know of a different ideas to get what I need?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If you can post some pictures of the hoses you're having trouble with and where they are connected at the other end, we can likely help you. There are a few guys on here with bone stock unmolested 305's.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
This is the tag off the radiator shroud of my 88 Super Sport. I can attempt later this evening to get the actual hose routing as they are on the car. Only thing I removed was the AIR injection system if needed. P1012193.JPG P1012194.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

asc1978

n00b
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you all for the quick responses. I have a text in to my mechanic to see if he can send me some pics of the hoses in question. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor