Looking for a Sheetmetal Fabricator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have a design for a frame extension to accommodate custom crossmember mounting locations. 14 gauge, about 24 inches. I made one 15 years ago, and kept a slice to use later as a pattern, but I do not have access to a heavy enough brake to make new ones. This will require a box bend about 1-/1/2" in a square U-shape to replicate the GM profile. Make me one to my pattern, and you can go into business yourself selling them afterwords. Anyone game?

No more cheesy frame extensions.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I agree the other extensions that are available are cheesy. I made mine, but it was 2 pieces TIGed together since my box and pan brake is all apart.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tough to bend that gauge without a heavy duty or industrial press. Plus, that box bend would be tricky to try and do too. As mentioned above, be better off to weld 2 pieces together to replicate GM's profile.
Try searching around locally for steel firms and fabricators that have access to the big presses. They could bend you up a couple of pieces right quick. That's what I did when I had my frame rail boxing plates made up. The place here was called Sureway Metal Systems, but I'm sure there'll be something similar in your area.
Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor