Looking for all window seals 4 door cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass4dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2016
Hello all, I am looking for window seals for my 84 cutlass 4 door. 1st question is, are the malibu 4 doors the same as cutlass? If not where might I find such items? I need all of the sweeps, all main door glass seals and all wing window seals. Can't find it now, but saw a post on here for the sweeps for a malibu 4 door, but wasn't sure if the same or not. But can't seem to find any of the rest of the seals. Any help would be appreciated.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I went to Pick-N-Pull and pulled the wing windows and rear door glass from an '84 Cutlass 4-door, and put them up next to my '83 Malibu, and they looked and measured identical as far as I could tell. But I haven't tried to install.

So I think but cannot swear that the felts being sold for a Malibu should work for a Cutlass. I don't believe you will find seals for the wing windows, though, or anything else beyond felts and door seals. I came to the conclusion that for some of this stuff you're probably looking at "universal" seals from Metro SuperSoft.

There aren't a lot of 4-door guys on this board, and I don't know what experience the few the proud might have.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's going to be hard finding anything aside from door weatherstrips and maybe window sweeps. If I'm not mistaken, the 4-dr Olds Cutlass used a wider bead on their window sweeps than Chevy. We wagon guys are pretty much in the same boat as 4-dr guys. We've all had a hard time acquiring proper seals for our cars. In some cases, we've had to improvise...unless you're lucky enough to find some good used rubber pieces in the boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor