Looking for an uncoded trunk lock, where can I buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
does anyone actually re-key locks anymore ? We have 3x Fjords at work. Local locksmith ( probably 30 ) said they can't do it. His dad was great but passed a couple years ago and his son took over. Other locksmith said they can re-key the ignition to match the key but not the doors

Been broken in to a couple times so we have multiple keys for each vehicle now ( doors don't match ignition ).

At home I have 1 key for the house, shed, side and back door. Same at work I have it keyed same front and back doors. Would love to use 1 key to open doors and ignition on all 3 trucks
We run 2014-2016 Silverados at work. I've had several ignition and body locks replaced over the years. The little mechanic shop/gas station that does all our work is able to key the locks to the truck's key, or their lock smith is able to. I'd say you have the wrong guy working for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Since we are talking about locks.

Are the door lock cylinders the same as the trunk? Or is the trunk a one of a kind?

I personally never looked, so I do not know.
The lock cases are different between the door & trunk locks. During the usage og our style locks GM had a few different cases for both but most of the guts interchange.

Reactions: 1 users

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
Since we are talking about locks.

Are the door lock cylinders the same as the trunk? Or is the trunk a one of a kind?

I personally never looked, so I do not know.
The trunk lock cylinder is different. There is a slot in the cylinder that a small rod fits which then fits into the slot of the latch. I pulled the small rod out so I can get a flat blade screwdriver in the latch to open the trunk. I took the small rod out and noticed it has a curve to it. I am not sure if that is supposed to be that way, or it is bent. I had to take it to the locksmith and find out that it is bent. Again maybe it is supposed to be that shape. The F body trunk rod is longer and I don't recall it being bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor