Looking for fuel pump idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertscova

Greasemonkey
Jun 27, 2015
I currently have a electric holley external pump and it is noisy as hell i can't stand it. Looking for the easiest way to convert my tank to a intank fuel pump. Are there kits?? Its a carbed 383

bertscova

Greasemonkey
Jun 27, 2015
TBI Monte or GN sending unit works.
Found this. 86 monte carlo 4.3 tbi unit. Will it fit a 79 fuel tank. Also will i need to run a return line. One more question. If i need a return line can i mount the regulator in the rear by the tank so i dont have to route a line the length of the car. Sayes 14.5 to 24 psi

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You sound like my dentist buddy! Yes you need a return line. The deal with mounting it under the car will work, BUT you have to adjust it with the car running. So, if you have a lift and want to burn the hell out of your forearms, have at it. I'd just run a new line for the return. When I did mine, I found that the prebent line kits cost about the same as making up your own AN lines, and you get to upsize the lines to 1/2" if you want.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Found this. 86 monte carlo 4.3 tbi unit. Will it fit a 79 fuel tank. Also will i need to run a return line. One more question. If i need a return line can i mount the regulator in the rear by the tank so i dont have to route a line the length of the car. Sayes 14.5 to 24 psi

you'll need a baffled tank for an in tank pump

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor