Looking for headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteCarloAustin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2020
I am swapping a 350 into my 1984 Monte Carlo and am having a hard time finding the headers I need. I need long tube headers for a 1984 Monte Carlo, with a 1 3/4 inch primary and 3 inch collector. I'd prefer them to be ceramic coated or stainless steel. I’d also like to keep my A/C! Please let me know if there are any headers that fit these specifications without breaking the bank. Everything I found was over $750.

Last edited:

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Schoenfelds are well made but if you have AC you wont be able to use them. I have them in my 81 Malibu but Im running heat only and I sent them out to be coated.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Not a hard header to find. Most manufactures make them. Ditto mikester on Schoenfelds best bang and performance for the buck.

IMG_4350.JPG

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
I got two sets of headers, both sets on both cars. Project cars not drivers. The car I'm deconstructing, I'm going with an LS prob go LS on other too. Don't know brand, or measurements. But I do know they are both on AC cars and I'm not going to use. If as ur name applies are you in Austin tx? I'm 2 ish hrs from you in Lott Tx. Or is that a reference to your first name? They are not fancy, but they are not 750 bucks either...Can send pics if you want?

Last edited:

MonteCarloAustin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2020
Schoenfelds are well made but if you have AC you wont be able to use them. I have them in my 81 Malibu but Im running heat only and I sent them out to be coated.
I did look at the Shoenfelds but am hoping to keep AC. Thanks for the reply!

MonteCarloAustin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2020
I got two sets of headers, both sets on both cars. Project cars not drivers. The car I'm deconstructing, I'm going with an LS prob go LS on other too. Don't know brand, or measurements. But I do know they are both on AC cars and I'm not going to use. If as ur name applies are you in Austin tx? I'm 2 ish hrs from you in Lott Tx. Or is that a reference to your first name? They are not fancy, but they are not 750 bucks either...Can send pics if you want?
I am from Wisconsin and I believe shipping that far wouldn’t be worth it. Appreciate the offer and reply!

MonteCarloAustin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2020
Im not sure if anyone makes a 1 3/4 tube set that will work with AC. Im assuming you have some serious HP ?
The engine was built for me straight out of a stock car haha. Found some perfect Procomp Electronics that I should be ordering soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor