Looking for opinions/input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Well, I loved the look with the Vette alloys, but to the question at hand...

I prefer the 71/72 SS wheels, but maybe in a sparkle silver rather than the gray? I just don't particularly care for dark center wheels, with a couple of exceptions.

I agree, keep the brightwork. Hood is personal choice. Cowl hoods are like rally wheels, done to death, but the right cowl hood looks good. Some are too "wedge" shaped for my taste.

It's a good looking car, be hard to mess that up either way you go

I have in fact used your car as an idea for paint on my coupe (assuming it ever gets painted).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Well, I loved the look with the Vette alloys, but to the question at hand...

I prefer the 71/72 SS wheels, but maybe in a sparkle silver rather than the gray? I just don't particularly care for dark center wheels, with a couple of exceptions.

I agree, keep the brightwork. Hood is personal choice. Cowl hoods are like rally wheels, done to death, but the right cowl hood looks good. Some are too "wedge" shaped for my taste.

It's a good looking car, be hard to mess that up either way you go

I have in fact used your car as an idea for paint on my coupe (assuming it ever gets painted).
Just saw this thread.

I think cowl hoods are overdone but there's usually a common reason why: It's the easy choice especially when additional clearance is required.
I 100% agree w/the statement above though. Not all aftermarket cowl hoods are created equal. The wedge shape always makes me puke a little in my mouth.

To the OP.... Option #1 for my tastes. Upper color choice will be much better IMHO.
The El Camino SS front chin spoiler/splitter looks good on Malibu's.
Not a fan of rear spoilers on Bu's.

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm still on the fence about the hood. If I can't find the vents in all my junk, or they won't fit, then the cowl hood is going on it. The cowl hood that I have isn't the wedge shaped one. Its a Goodmark hood.
The colour of the ZQ8 rims that I have on the car now, is a bit off in the rendering. The outer edge of the rims and the spokes are polished, and in between the spokes is a dark gunmetal grey. The center caps are chrome. Still mulling between the ZQ8 rims and the Year One rims. Going to end up being roughly another $3K CDN, by the time I get the rims & rubber.
The car is definitely getting the Monte SS laydown type spoiler on the trunk. To me, it will make the car look a bit more proportional and "finished". Just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users

Peter P.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2014
Castleton, Ontario, Canada
I've had some renderings done for my Malibu (thanks Ben!), to help me try to visualize how I would like the car to look when I finished. The car is 2 tone now, with the lower part black, and the upper part kind of a coppery colour (this is the way it looked when I bought it-2 toned by the original owner). Its not a bad look, but the interior is the claret colour, which is more of a red, than the current upper exterior colour, and the 2 colours are separated by a gold double pinstripe, which really doesn't go with anything on the outside of the car. I want the upper exterior colour to more closely match the interior of the car. The colour that I'd like to use on the upper part of the car, is the newer Mazda colour-its called soul red metallic. Its more of a ruby red colour, and it really pops in the sunlight. The lower area of the car will remain black, but I'd like to find a black that has a bit of metallic in it.
There are variations between the 2 renderings. The upper rendering utilizes a cowl induction hood, and the 17" Year one Z28/Chevelle SS style rims. The lower rendering uses the existing stock flat hood, but with Lumina Z34 style hood vents in it, and the 16" S10 ZQ8 wheels that are on the car now. In both views, you'll see that I want to go with the later Monte SS aero style outside mirrors, a custom front air dam under the bumper, and a modified Monte SS laydown rear decklid spoiler.
The majority of the people that have seen the artwork so far, tend to prefer the upper view, as opposed to the lower. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the cowl hood, but its becoming pretty commonplace now, and I'd like something a bit different, and a bit more unique, and I think this would fit the bill.
Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
Just came across your rendering and for what it's worth like the version with the stock hood (modified) but with the 17 inch wheels from the top version. Also like that you're keeping the chrome trim around the wheel wells and rockers. Who did your rendering?

Peter

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just came across your rendering and for what it's worth like the version with the stock hood (modified) but with the 17 inch wheels from the top version. Also like that you're keeping the chrome trim around the wheel wells and rockers. Who did your rendering?

Peter
Peter, the renderings were done by a guy called Ben Meissner from a company called Street Rod Designs in Utah. He had an end-of-year sale last year, so I took advantage of the deal. It took a few months to get them done, but from my perspective, it was worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor