Looking for some advice on fuel system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokarz1

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2019
Phoenix, NY
Hey all,
I did some searching here and other places but still have a few question I thought you guys could help with. I am at the point of running new brake and fuel lines on my 1986 Monte Carlo. The body is off the frame so I have the perfect opportunity for this.
I picked up 3/16" and 1/4" cunifer for the brakes and was thinking of using it for the fuel system as well. I have the old lines which look like a feed line and a return line on the passenger side and a vent (I believe) on the driver side. Do I need to use the vent line on the driver side or is there maybe a better idea? As for the feed and return, I need to run an electric pump as the L29 454 carbureted engine I have does not have a provision for a mechanical pump. Will 3/8" cunifer be sufficient for the feed line and should the return line be smaller? What would you recommend for a fuel pump? I don't need the best but out there as I am on a pretty tight budget. The engine is pretty much stock but I might add to it later.

Thanks for your help...

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
3/8 will be fine for up to 500hp range. Pump, well pick your poison. Frame.mounted are easy, but loud. In tank is quiet, but more expensive. Lots of choices. Oh and I'm not far away from you. About 30 mins south

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It’ll run, but not for 11 seconds at the drag strip. Street driving it will be more than adequate with a proper regulator.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I am wondering if the 4.3L fuel injected monte carlo tank, sending unit, and pump should work with a carburetor? Maybe just adding a regulator?

That is what GM did with the old ZZ4 350 kits they used to offer for 3rd gen F bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor