Looking for some parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
Have not seen the following items for sale at GBody.com and looked at some other sites with no luck.

First item New mounting gasket for between wing and deck lid

Second replacement "brush wipes for Lighting Rod Console ( this one may be a impossible find as a replacement)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The "gasket" as you refer to it as, is actually a "riser". I call it a spacer, but whatever (some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade..mmmmm). It basically raises the wing enough to clear the taillight "bumps" as it were on the edge of the trunklid and rear quarter panel top. Otherwise the tips would hit. They seem to be cast from a resin or some sort of plastic IIRC. Hard as hell to find separately. I think there was someone making those at one time, out of what and when that was, I don't recall.

There is actually a gasket of sorts underneath. It was a crudely cut piece of clear plastic (which turns brittle and yellow over the years- like that strip under the center hood molding). I imagine that was done to keep the gasket/spacer from rubbing on the trunk paint directly. I sealed the bolt holes with some plumber's putty. I rolled up a piece of it and formed little circles around the studs with it before sealing them up to ensure water didn't get into the trunk area. Works well so far. I made the new clear gasket thingies out of thick clear plastic, the kind they make overhead projector copy-ready sheets out of. Same thickness as originals and they seem to be holding up just as well. You cut them out to match the shape of the spacer with a little bit inside of the edges, about 1/8" or so all around and make 2 holes where the studs slide through and you're golden.

I don't know if I have some brushes or not for the LR's. My Excel database shows I have 2 sets of 22521771 shields, aka "brushes". Somewhere.

22525041 was the original number but was replaced in July 1984 with the 1771 number.

I'll look around for them. They're supposed to be in a location that for whatever reason has got re-jiggered and some stuff has been "temporarily misplaced". Hopefully they're still there.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Have not seen the following items for sale at GBody.com and looked at some other sites with no luck.

First item New mounting gasket for between wing and deck lid

Second replacement "brush wipes for Lighting Rod Console ( this one may be a impossible find as a replacement)

A few years ago I sent Toby from Goodmark some extra NOS LR brushes so they could re produce them. You might have some luck contacting Goodmark. Toby doesn't post here anymore. The brushes themselves are crudely made and could easily be duplicated with some ingenuity.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
+1 on the crudely made brushes. Luckily most of it is covered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor