Status
Not open for further replies.

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
I have decided to go back stock with my 1979 Grand LeMans and put my 231 Buick V6 back in it with some research I did A street guy I know put 80,000 miles on one before the main cap broke, but usually, it’s the crank that goes first There are some guys making 1,000 hp on the stock block with billet main caps and stud girdles.... Good eh?

So I am calling out to my Pontiac guys If you have a Pontiac with the Buick 231 v6 in it let me know I have the cash to buy one. I am in Michigan thanks Pontiac Grand Le Mans 1978 231 V6 - YouTube.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I have a nice 3.8 I got from a friend who pulled it out of his 86-87 Regal. He said it ran so good he hated to pull it but wanted more power so he went 350 SBC. It’s a 109 block which I believe is the one to get. But I am in St. Louis.
timo22

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
I have a nice 3.8 I got from a friend who pulled it out of his 86-87 Regal. He said it ran so good he hated to pull it but wanted more power so he went 350 SBC. It’s a 109 block which I believe is the one to get. But I am in St. Louis.
timo22
I am looking for one more to 78-80... Period Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor