Southlake, TX
Torque converter bolts/flexplate.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
How about a closer video showing the engine when it is doing this and not turning your phone in the process.
I bought a car once that had torque converter bolts that were slightly too long and it had a very consistent sound at idle like a rod knock but I have never heard one that had a cracked or broken flex plate so that could be a possibility.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think with the car sitting on it's passenger's side the diver's side valve train is not getting oil at low rpm....:cool:

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
How about a closer video showing the engine when it is doing this and not turning your phone in the process.
I bought a car once that had torque converter bolts that were slightly too long and it had a very consistent sound at idle like a rod knock but I have never heard one that had a cracked or broken flex plate so that could be a possibility.

Will do next time I get her fired up!

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
Buddy that looked at it said it was getting a lot of blow by. Again Im new to this, so Im not 100% clear on what that means. He said it wasn't good. The wiring is a mess as well. So much is ran into the fuse box under driver side box. Im no expert but Im pretty sure thats not right.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O

theres a short one above

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
short video of engine from that day
Where is all of that smoke on the passenger coming from? It looks like you might have blown a section of header gasket out.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
Where is all of that smoke on the passenger coming from? It looks like you might have blown a section of header gasket out.

it was coming out of the valve cover cap. Thats when my buddy popped that off and said something about a lot of blow by. This was the first time running in 4 years. She was neglected a long time. I want to try and get her right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor