Low dust brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
My current pads give off way too much brake dust I’m not sure what they are but I have purchased the so called upgraded ceramic pads before from the auto parts store and they weren’t great either. What’s a good set of pads that will give off low brake dust ? Car is not performance oriented the the wheels are a pain in the *ss to clean.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I find that if you use the ceramic pads you want to also replace the rotors too. Or at least have the old ones turned to remove the semimetallic dust and rotor burn. Also, "bedding in" the new pads to the new rotors will substantially increase the braking capabilities.

Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I have had good luck with Akebono pads on our '97 4Runner for about four years, and just recently put them on our '11 MB GLK. FYI- I have used new rotors with both. They have a stock G-body application= ACT154. Japanese company, but made in USA. Not cheap, Amazon price about $57 US :
Rockauto $44:

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I've been putting powerstop stuff on my daily driver cars/trucks, very happy with it. The rotor and pad kits seem to be high quality and priced very well, you can order direct from manufacturer or eBay/Amazon/etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I have full ceramincs on my C5Z06, heat cycled them in. When they are warmed up that car will STOP... I'm talking throw you through the windshield stop..

Reactions: 3 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I went with powerstop z23 still waiting on them to arrive and had my factory rotors turned. They only have about 36k miles on them so there is plenty of material left.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor