Low On Blinker Fluid - Left Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
86 Monte Carlo SS, stock - I topped up the fluid
During the winter I had the fuse box out as well as all lights removed from the car. I just put everything together. Now the left turn signal flashes once every 30 seconds. Right side is good. Grounds are clean and measure good, 4 ways flash normal, marker lights ok, parking lights ok, left front and rear bulbs light up,, reverse lights ok. trunk ground good,

I'm looking for something stupid I did. I have the manual but it doesn't explain an extremely slow blink.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Correct bulb?

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Bulbs? I assumed I put them back as originally. I'll check them ...thanks.
I'll swap them left to right and see.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You must have parked you car on an angle, turn your car around and leave it over night. The fluid should drain back in....:D

if one side is slower than the other that means more resistance in the slow side, could be a bad ground, incorrect bulbs or defective sockets

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Ribbedroof - you are the first to answer the question correctly. - wrong bulb!
Last year when I took the lights off one bulb broke and I replaced it from my box of bulbs. Close but it wasn't a 2057, it was unlabelled.
Thanks everyone for their help. Now my blinker fluid is evenly distributed left to right.

I might add that I should follow my own advice when it comes to troubleshooting - start with the easy things first. aka KISS.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Ribbedroof - you are the first to answer the question correctly. - wrong bulb!
Last year when I took the lights off one bulb broke and I replaced it from my box of bulbs. Close but it wasn't a 2057, it was unlabelled.
Thanks everyone for their help. Now my blinker fluid is evenly distributed left to right.

I might add that I should follow my own advice when it comes to troubleshooting - start with the easy things first. aka KISS.
Its funny you mention the simple things. I purchased an 87 Regal about three months ago. Right turn signal worked normally. Left signal would make all lights flash as if hazards were on. When I pressed the brake pedal, the front parking lights lit up. I was thoroughly confused.

End result was a single filament 1156 bulb in the left rear housing where a dual filament 2057 was supposed to go. Changed one bulb and all my problems went away. Now I can safely turn left without confusing everyone! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes. ALWAYS always check the simple things first! Man, can I tell you the electrical nightmares I've seen people create over the years, then they take them to ME :eek::doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor