REGAL Lowback w Headrest or Highback buckets?

Lowback Buckets w Headrest or Highback for CaliWagon83's Restomod?

• Lowback w Headrest

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Highback

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Just wanted to get your guys' thoughts on whether to go low-back with headrests, or highback buckets when I get to that stage. I think I'm leaning toward the lowbacks with the headrests (like on the GN/MCSS), but don't totally hate the high-backs (like on the Cutlass). If you have photos or an opinion, please post!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like seats with separate headrests since you can typically adjust where you want them and in the summer I feel you get a little more air circulation for the back of the neck area IMO
As an added bonus it is also easier to run a 5 point harness over the shoulder.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Personally my favorite style is the reclining high back style seats. I like the look of them the best. You could probably ask 10 people and get 10 different answers though.

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's your back and butt; put whatever is comfortable in. Aesthetically, I'm going to vote low back with headrests, but if you're going to be hanging turns, you need lateral support.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
What I want to do is the low-backs, but in the same fabric and pattern of the split-bench, if that makes any sense. Pretty much exactly this:
http://classiccarsofthe1980s.blogspot.com/2013/02/buick-regal-t-type.html

So I guess I want T-Type buckets in the blue pattern velour.

bttype4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Are you day dreaming out loud? For the seats it is all in what you want the end product to be? If you want a period correct seat? The highback buckets would have been what was available when your car came out. I think the later style would look good for a factory look and I think they are more comfortable. What is your goal for the look of the car? All out custom or stock appearing with a modern drive train? If it is going to be an all out custom then I would find a seat you love the look of and feel! Do you have the car running yet? I haven't seen any updates.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I want period-ish correct. I think those T-Type buckets were from an ‘83. If you look at the other photos in that link, that car still has the ‘83 style gauge cluster, so that would technically be “period-correct.” I don’t want it completely stock (obviously) but I don’t want it outlandishly custom or kludged-looking. When all is said and done, I think you guys will see what I’m talking about.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I just had a helluvan idea: what if the aftermarket companies (like Scat,Recaro, Sparco, etc.) offered a builder grade seat that came with patterns to take to your upholsterer, so you can get your seats done in the fabric you want?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor