Lower ball joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Any tricks?

Doing spindles and got new ball joints (moog) and got the lower one in with a press took a long time very tight but noticed its not 100% flush the one edge but best could get with the hand press. Will it be ok and seat itself eventually ? Kept going in crooked but kept trying different angles and got it pretty good

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
You can try heating the arm with a heat gun while you press. Sheet metal arms are much easier to press BJ's into than the forged steel arms on my Jags.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Wont hurt to hammer on it abit ?
Don't beat on a specific area. Put something (wood works well) between the edge of where your going to hit it & the hammer. Move around each time you see movement. You don't want to force it if it's in a bind. Try & keep it as even as possible when using force from impact.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I use 4X4 wood blocks and my $150 20T Harbor freight press.

I only use a hammer on ball joints if they spin while I'm trying to unscrew the nut AND I'm throwing them away. It is amazing how well a few taps from hammer stops a ball joint from spinning, which also means its stops the ball joint from working properly.

Reactions: 2 users

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Far as I got it posted a pic . Any idea

Attachments

• 20200822_194832.jpg
    20200822_194832.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor