Lower front control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssiron

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2010
Sweetwater, Texas
Where can I find new front lower control arms. Moog does not have, the ck series, the good ones anymore even the s10s. Looking for some new bare arms such that I can use the good Moog parts to build. Could even use the s10s. Can not find complete lower control arms other some off brand s10s, even the Moogs. OPGI has some but they're $ 100 each?? Used ones are to expensive to ship?
Frank
WTxSS

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Check on rock auto under 1982 s-10 they're some well under 100$
If you go the used route,check them over especially around the ball joint area for any stress cracks.the last thing you want is a failure like that.

Last edited:

ssiron

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2010
Sweetwater, Texas
The moog parts are the rk series, says non serviceable, reviews are not high on these?? They also have a delco brand for about the same price but i don't know if they're "serviceable". Rock Auto shows them as daily driver not economy like the RK Moogs. I was really looking for the higher grade moog, but they only have the right one, left one is unavailable. Has anyone installed the s10 arms and drilled the front chassis mount for the 14mm bolt the s10 uses?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm guessing the "non serviceable" means the joints aren't greaseable?i don't have any experience with these arms per say but back in high school my dad and i rebuilt my stock arms.that was a set of clapped out stockers and it went fine.you said you were looking for a set of bare arms to put some moog parts in,why not buy the right side that you've been looking @ and pick up one for the left and build it to your liking?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
One of the up sides to a of the circle track guys that have rules requiring metric GM G-body chassis is that these parts are still in production. I can drive 5 miles to the local speed shop and buy them off the shelf. I believe AllStar Performance has them available.

Part numbers are 57804 and 57805.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If I was buying new arms, I personally would swap the balljoint with a proforged 1/2" taller joint from summit ($50/each), anyway.

A taller lower ball joint improves steering geometry (reducing bump steer), Improves handling (by improving the camber curve) and lowers the car about 3/4" and the proforged balljoints are greasable.

There are just too many upsides to swapping the balljoint vs keeping the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor