Lower radiator hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
Hello,

For those that have done the LS swap, what lower radiator hose did you use?

Thanks, David

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I can't facepalm hard enough with some of these basic questions. See waaaayyyyyyyy too much of it in the facebook groups.

How in the fck are we supposed to give you an answer when you can't tell us what you are using for a radiator and where the hose connections are on it. See the error in your way yet?

Get a coat hanger, bend to a close shape of what you need, measure the connection diameters on the water pump and the radiator, go to the parts store, find the one that will be close to being able to use, and make it work.

It's that simple.

Bruhh What GIF

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
I can't facepalm hard enough with some of these basic questions. See waaaayyyyyyyy too much of it in the facebook groups.

How in the fck are we supposed to give you an answer when you can't tell us what you are using for a radiator and where the hose connections are on it. See the error in your way yet?

Get a coat hanger, bend to a close shape of what you need, measure the connection diameters on the water pump and the radiator, go to the parts store, find the one that will be close to being able to use, and make it work.

It's that simple.

Bruhh What GIF
Well let's see........Lower hose is on the bottom right....Haven't ever seen it on the top or even on the left side for a G body.
Radiator is made by Superior. Tried the coat hanger trick, worked for the top just not having any luck for the bottom. Thanks, David

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
With the thousands of them in the store, and the amount of us that have done it and have been driving our cars for years, I think you can do it. Make it work means also cut to fit, the part is out there.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I used a stock hose for an '84 MC SS and cut it to length with the stock rad and stock accessory pulleys. Then I installed the turbo and hot side piping and had to modify the t-stat inlet. Still used the same hose. Pretty much need to find a hose that fits the rad correctly in terms of inner diameter, then cut and hack as needed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor